Aqua Global – RPG Applications to .NET
At a glance…
Aqua Global, headquartered in London, England, is a 25 year-old IT solution provider for the financial services industry. Aqua Global’s solutions include middleware, messaging, and a range of integrated business processing modules to suit client business requirements.
Aqua Global is committed to IBM i, requiring the continued presence of IBM i on the backend.
After a little shopping around, we found that ASNA Visual RPG (AVR) offered the best fit for our business and our development team
- Staff time savings of between 50% and 70%.
- Increased sales
ASNA Visual RPG for .NET, ASNA DataGate, DB2/400
Change Needed: By the late 1990s, Aqua Global was considering updating its IBM i application suite. In early 2000, with the advent of the SWIFT ISO 15022 securities messaging standard, the need to radically change the software became more urgent. Aqua Global decided in early 2000 that while adding ISO 15022 compliance the effort would also be expended to dramatically improve the software in many other areas as well.
IBM i on the Backend: Aqua Global is committed to IBM i, requiring the continued presence of IBM i on the backend. Therefore, Aqua Global needed a modern development environment that afforded superb IBM i access.
Intercept e2gen allows Aqua Global to offer its customers:
- Ease of UI Navigation: Users gain a single view of all the information required to manage their jobs with an intuitive, modern user interface.
- Standards Compliance: Intercept e2gen provides full compliance with current regulatory rules and can be customized to incorporate any regional, country, and bank specific requirements.
- Improved STP Throughput: Using Intercept e2gen, Aqua Global customers achieve up to (and often beyond) a 95% Straight-Through-Processing (STP) throughput rate for Payment, Treasury, and Securities processing. e2gen users now only need to manage any processing exceptions. Time savings are significant, with Aqua Global clients reporting staff time savings of between 50% and 70%.
- Customizable Rules-based Engine: Intercept e2gen supports industry standard message interfaces and generally doesn’t need significant levels customization. For example, it has SWIFT, SEPA, RTGS, and Local Clearing capabilities built in. Its rules-based messaging engine works with many other formats (including LCH/ACH variations, proprietary file formats, and even spreadsheets).
By virtually eliminating the error-prone tasks of manually processing financial transactions, Aqua Global with Intercept e2gen is able to offer its customers substantial added value. The product ensures data integrity, rules compliance, and all but eliminates overall financial message management risk.
We needed to extend the power and reach of our software. We are committed to IBM i and needed a modern development environment that afforded superb IBM i access. After a little shopping around, we found that ASNA Visual RPG (AVR) offered the best fit for our business and our development team.
AVR and DataGate: ASNA Visual RPG (AVR) is a Windows-based development system that uses ASNA DataGate for its connectivity to IBM i. DataGate offers superb performance and security, which is essential for financial applications. With AVR, developers can produce Windows or browser-based applications that run natively on Windows (with all of the expected graphical user interface elements) and provide excellent communication with IBM i.
Introducing Intercept e2gen: To better serve its customers needs, Aqua Global used ASNA Visual RPG (AVR), with its ASNA DataGate IBM i connectivity, to write Intercept e2gen, a new generation of Aqua Global applications. Intercept e2gen enables Aqua Global customers to dramatically improve process workflow, reduce costs, and increase transaction processing reliability and competitiveness.
ASNA, provides comprehensive and flexible solutions for modernizing IBM i applications to the Microsoft .NET platform. ASNA enables companies to integrate and extend their solutions to .NET, the Web and beyond, while preserving investments in IT and human resources. ASNA solutions are distributed worldwide and used by more than a million end users.
ASNA is a Gold Level partner of Microsoft’s Partner Network, Microsoft Visual Studio Industry Partner, and an Advanced Tier Member of IBM’s PartnerWorld for Developers. ASNA is also a gold level partner of Microsoft’s Platform Modernization Alliance.